Thursday, May 27, 2010

BackAcne Baseball

From: I to the C, GM Back Acne Baseball Club
Sent: Wednesday, 27 May 2010; 10:33PM
To: Jerry Doe, Owner and CEO Back Acne Baseball Club
Subject: RE: Final Team Roster



Jerry,
Per your instructions, I've developed a 'no lose' line up for our new baseball team, the Back Acnes. I'm happy to announce that our entire team is comprised of proven players that have been named in the Mitchell Report so we're guaranteed nothing but success when we take the field. Below is the roster for your review:
Starting Line up
SS Miguel Tejada
3B Matt Williams
RF Gary Sheffield
LF Barry Bonds
DH Jose Canseco
CF Lenny Dykstra
1B Jason Giambi
2B Fernando Vina
C Benito Santiago

Bench
IF Chuck Knoblauch
OF David Justice
IF/OF Jerry Hairston, Jr.

Starting Rotation
Roger Clemens
Kevin Brown
Denny Neagel
Mark Lansing
Hal Morris

Relief Pitchers
Mike Stanton
John Rocker
Paul Byrd
Jason Grimsley
Ryan Franklin
Eric Gagne
I know what you're thinking. Where's the speed? Let me assure you, we make it up in sheer power and overall mood swings. It is by far one of the greatest teams ever assembled and we can count on hoisting the trophy at the end of the year. Keep in mind that by taking steroids, these players have forfeited the right not to be ragged on relentlessly. (It's understandable since half these players don't really have necks.) But man, what an unbeatable team! I'm thinking 162-0 for the season. Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
I to the C.

Oh, can you please let me know which country we'll be playing in. (I'll need to provide a proper mailing address for the BALCO company.) Please keep in mind that we won't be able to play in the US due to their rules...

-----------------------------
From: Jerry Doe, Owner and CEO Back Acne Baseball Club
Sent: Wednesday, 27 May 2010; 2:01PM
To: I to the C, GM Back Acne Baseball Club
Subject: Final Team Roster
Send me your final roster NOW.
Regards,
Jerry

3 comments:

  1. Knobby was in the Mitchell Report? Helluva lotta good that did. Wasn't he averaging around 10 HRs a season when he was on the Yanks? I wonder if a side-effect of the juice is the dreaded Throw-The-Ball-Into-The-Stands-On-A-Routine-Play-To-First Disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad how many of those players were Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latest from good ole Knobby. Follow the link.

    http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2010/03/chuck_knoblauch_pleads_guilty.html

    Apparently the 'roids were good for something...

    ReplyDelete