Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Regarding Baseball...

PREAMBLE:
The Yankees (and baseball in general) lost two larger than life personalities this week:
PA Announcer Bob Sheppard

The Boss George Steinbrenner

You will be missed.

RANT:
 So the All-Star game is going through the motions of introductions and ceremonies, until it comes to a screeching halt when Joe Buck announces the People Magazine's Hometown All-Stars.
WHAT THE FUCK?
I feel bad for the players on the field that have to stand and watch as Julia Fucking Roberts and Matthew Fucking Mcconaughey babbles on about some bullshit their agents thought was a worthy cause. That's pretty bad but then good ol' Joe Buck proceeds to introduce the cast of FUCKING Glee to sing a shitty cover of Christina FUCKING Aguilera's BEAUTIFUL.
SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK?
Let me repeat that. The cast of FUCKING Glee sings Beautiful by Christina Aguilera in front of a bunch of major league All-Stars.
WHO'S FUCKING IDEA IS THIS?
I'm half expecting the players to wear dresses and bonnets when they take the field. Although, I'm pretty sure I see Dustin Pedroia in a skirt as he prepares to spend the entire game riding the pine. Dick.
PS - Go AL!

1 comment:

  1. You summarized my mindset as I was watching the unnecessary pregame festivities into one blog post. I was sick to my stomach when Harrison Ford stooped to the level of bringing the Gulf Oil Spill into that speech montage. I thought this was baseball...

    ReplyDelete